Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A short Vacation



Summer has gone but memories of it still lingers in my mind. Spending summer vacation with my family is a moment to cherish. I could still recall the smell of fresh air, the laughter of my child and that knowing smile of my husband. Amidst the preparations and the hassles a day before the trip, everything was all worth it. Whoa!!! I'm getting sentimental here. Anyway, it was a well spent summer vacation at Camiguin Island. We arrived at the port of camiguin at around 11:00 in the morning and took a ride to Paras Beach Resort where we had our stay. When we arrived at the resort, people were so gracious and accommodating that made us feel we have choosen the right place to stay. In our room we decided to just take a few minutes to relax and settle down before we took our lunch. After having our lunch, my husband, my son and his nanny went back to our room while i made my siesta beside the pool. I have been awakened by my husbands voice, asking me to go out with him. I'm so thrilled because he prepared a ride for us and planned a tour around camiguin with just the two of us. It was a gloomy day and rain started to pour that only adds up to our adventure spirit. Riding in a motorbike, enjoying the rain and sights with my husband beside me makes me feel so happy. In every place we stop, we alternately took pictures of our selves, it was so much fun! Even if we're drained in the rain, it never stopped us from enjoying each other and the place. It took us an hour or two to get back to our hotel with a smile pasted on our faces. We were just in time when our son woke up from his sleep, so we immediately took our shower and played with him inside our room since the rain was pouring heavier.

Early in the morning, my husband rented a vessel to take us to the White Island. It was just a minute ride from the resort where we stayed. When we arrived there, it was already packed with people who were in their vacation too. I noticed that everyone were enjoying their side of the beach, some were riding jet ski, others were doing wind surfing, and some were just enjoying the beach and fooling around with their buddies and still others were parasailing! What a joyous sight it was! My son who seemed too eager to take a dip in the water asked me to change him for his swimming trunk. My husband and I were so enchanted by the water and its sorroundings that we took pictures of the place and we both enjoyed the sand and water too along with our son. Although, we only had a short time vacation and wasn't able to visit other tourist spots around camiguin it was a vacation worth remembering!

No comments: